- Environmentally-aware travellers a fast growing niche
- Overlooked and Underrated: Ouro Preto, Brazil
- SA Tourism’s innovative Touch Table wins two Loerie Awards
- New warning on job cuts in SA hotels
- Pickpocket-proof: Money Belts and Their Alternatives
- London 2012 event listings 28 July: what’s on during the Olympics
- Ryan Shell new head chef at Haute Cabriere Cellar Restaurant
- KZN entrepreneurs in line for big rewards
- London’s top five quirky restaurants and bars
- London event listings 29 July: what’s on during the Olympics
- Emma’s Eccentric Britain: kitesurfing in Northumberland
- The Don Group quits hotel sector to get out of the red
- Olympic runs: the best places to stay for the Games within easy reach of London
Tag Archives: Spain
IF there is such a thing as tourist hell, it might look something like the view from my taxi as I rode from Tenerife Sur airport in the Canary Islands to the ferry dock: a wall of anonymous concrete-box condos along a beach covered with a thousand blue deck chairs, lined up like parading soldiers. I smiled, for this tourist was only passing through on her way to a place she was pretty sure would be paradise, just an hour's hydrofoil ride away.
The Canary Islands, which belong to Spain, have become well known as a haven for mass … Read the rest
Ibiza is famous around the world due to its amazing night life, although it offers several other things as well. This island is one of the most visited ones in the group of the Balearic Islands in Spain, and maybe the one which attracts the highest amount of young people as well.
From June to endings of October, Ibiza's night life, as well as the rest of the attractions in the island, is at its best moment due to the fact that it is when the highest among of tourists arrive. This way, if you wish to meet the … Read the rest
Montes de Toledo is located towards the northern area of Castilla - La Mancha in Spain. The Montes de Toledo can be found in the Province of Toledo and is one of the oldest mountainous formations in the world. This destination is very different to many other typical tourists’ destinations, and meeting it can be a very exciting and unique experience.
The mountains of Montes de Toledo are located within the southern side in the Province of Toledo to the northern side in the area of Ciudad Real. These spot consists on a group of high lands mixed with … Read the rest
The Rias Altas located in Spain are part of a group of larger formations spread within the coast of Galicia, conformed by the Rias Altas and the Rias Bajas. The Rias are estuaries origin when sea levels rise as well as they can be created by other geographical factors. The rias in Galicia where formed after he Ice Age after the sea level rose and gave shape to several indentations or estuaries throughout the coast line in this area.
The Rias, in Galicia, are considered to be among the main fishing areas in the world. Due to their nature, … Read the rest